Commercial Truck Accidents
Commercial truck crashes can be may be far more catastrophic in nature than car accidents involving normal-sized vehicles. A fully packed semi truck, for example, weighs over 25 times that of a normal car. Because of this massive weight discrepancy, 18-wheeler accidents that involve norm-sized cars often result in serious – and deadly – injuries.
If you were seriously injured in a commercial vehicle crash – whether you were the truck driver or someone riding in a normal sized car – you may be able to pursue financial compensation relating to your injuries and damages. In addition, if your close family member died in a fatal commercial trucking accident, you may be able to pursue financial damages in a wrongful death action.
Truck accident victims need an experienced commercial vehicle accident lawyer
At the Moore Law Firm, our skilled commercial vehicle accident lawyers are highly experienced in representing victims of commercial vehicle crashes, including the representation of injured commercial vehicle and normal vehicle drivers and passengers and their family members.
Here is a short list of unique issues we look for when determining the viability of a plaintiff’s claim for damages in a commercial vehicle crash:
- The truck driver or trucking company did not adhere to federal regulations pertaining to mandatory rest periods resulting in a fatigued driver.
- The trucking company instituted a policy that contributed to the employee breaking mandatory rest periods resulting in a fatigued driver.
- The trucking company failed to maintain its truck in accordance with federal regulations.
- The truck driver was distracted by a cell phone, food or another item.
- The truck driver was speeding or failed to obey traffic laws
- The truck driver was drugged or intoxicated.
- The materials transported in the truck were too heavy, loaded improperly, or a hazardous materials load was being hauled inappropriately.
- Commercial truck accident causes
- The truck driver’s negligence led to a jackknife incident
Commercial trucking accident cases are different from normal vehicle accidents
There is a clear distinction between a normal car accident lawsuit and a commercial vehicle accident lawsuit. Commercial vehicles drivers and the transportation companies that employ them are held to a tight standard of care in terms of their duty to prevent accidents and injuries on the road.
Also, federal and state laws govern the activities of commercial transportation companies and their drivers in terms of the rest time drivers need to take, the rules for commercial truck maintenance and more. If these rules are violated, and it leads to an injurious accident, evidence of the violations will support an injured plaintiff’s claims for damages.
Were you injured in a semi truck crash?
If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury or death in a semi truck crash, Moore Law Firm is available to help. We will listen to your story and advise you of your legal rights and options in a free, no-obligation, first-time consultation.
Contact a Tucson truck accident lawyer at the Moore Law Firm now. Our skilled legal counselors will listen to your story, advise you of your legal rights and options.