Car Accident Lawyers helping injured victims
in Tucson since 1964
Many of us have experienced a minor fender-bender since we began to drive, but when a catastrophic accident resulting in serious injury or death takes us by surprise, we need a reliable and knowledgeable car accident lawyer to help us through the subsequent trauma.
Kevin Moore, like his father before him, believes that you have the right to compensation by the party responsible for your injuries.
On this page
- Maximize your car accident settlement
- How we can help with your settlement
- Frequently asked questions
- A car accident can severely affect your life
- Death of a loved one
As your car accident lawyer, we have:
- Free telephone, home or hospital consultation
- Two Offices in the Tucson Area
- No fees until we win
- Extremely high success rate
As our client, your rights to compensation are:
- Payment of Medical Bills
- Loss of Income
- Pain and Suffering
In 2019, the Arizona Department of Transportation reported 129,750 auto accidents. Of this amount, 36,926 resulted in an injury and 911 were fatal. In the United States as a whole, the National Safety Council reports that 38,800 people were killed in auto accidents. This is one death every 13 minutes. The majority of these auto accidents often occur due to reckless and negligent driving.
Maximize your car accident settlement
After an accident, victims can suffer physical, emotional, and financial damage. Unfortunately, sometimes insurance companies use unprofessional and fraudulent methods to ensure their clients— the responsible parties— do not have to compensate the victims for their actions.
Only the best car accident lawyers can help relieve the burden caused by such situations. This is where we come in. We are well-educated and diligent about insurance fraud, car accident laws, and much more when it comes to recovering compensation for our clients.
To get most value from your auto accident claim, we recommend you the do the following:
- Call the police immediately after being involved in the auto accident
- Get the full names, phone numbers, and addresses of everyone who witnessed the auto accident
- Take pictures of the accident scene, any damage to the vehicles, as well as your injuries
- If you are injured, do not put off getting medical treatment, and follow the doctor’s orders
- Document the pain you are having, as well as swelling, stress, and any injuries that are visible or cannot be seen
- Do not give any recorded statements until you have talked to a lawyer
- Do not sign an authorization to request medical records, or any other paperwork, before talking to a lawyer, and
- Do not agree to, or accept, a settlement from the insurance company before talking to a lawyer
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer at The Moore Law Firm
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have been involved in a car accident, your first instinct may be to contact your insurance company. But doing this may cause more harm than good.
Insurance companies don’t want to pay you the money you deserve. They may use tactics that reduce the value of your claim. That’s where the counsel of a law professional comes in.
We work to negotiate with insurance companies to get the money that’s owed to you. Consulting with a law professional is the only way to maximize your personal injury claim.
We’re here to answer your questions on filing a car accident lawsuit.
How Can I Maximize My Car Accident Settlement?
There are a few ways you can maximize your settlement. Here’s how:
Keep Records About the Accident
This includes things like a police report, witness statements, medical bills, car repair bills, and photographs. Substantial evidence will help support your claim.
Insurance adjusters are notorious for pressuring accident victims to settle. They may try to get you to admit that the accident was your fault or convince you to take partial blame. No matter what, don’t give in to their pressure.
Journal Your Personal Injuries
Keeping a detailed log of your injuries will help your case if it goes to trial. This increases your credibility and backs up your claim.
How Long Does a Car Accident Lawsuit Take?
The length of your car accident lawsuit may vary. It may take a few months to several years. Here’s a timeline of a typical car accident lawsuit:
- You will file a claim and the lawsuit begins.
- Next, you will serve a copy of the complaint to the defendant. This process usually takes a few weeks.
- The defendant will answer the complaint. They will have one month to file an answer to your complaint
- Each side will request evidence from the other party. This happens before the trial and can take several months to one year.
- The trial begins and will take no longer than two days.
- If either party isn’t satisfied with the result from the trial, they have the option to file an appeal. Appeals can years to the length of the lawsuit.
How Much Does a Car Accident Lawyer Charge?
A lawyer will charge a “contingency fee” for personal injury cases. This means your lawyer will not get paid any fees unless you receive money in your case.
The contingency fee amount will vary, but it typically ranges from 25 to 40 percent, but 33 percent is the average. So, if you have a 33 percent contingency fee arrangement and you receive $100,000 in your car accident case, your lawyer will recover $33,000.
Other lawyers may charge a retainer fee at the beginning of your case and also collect a contingency fee at the end.
How Long Do I Have to Get a Lawyer After a Car Accident in Arizona?
You have two years after the accident to file a lawsuit. This period begins on the day of the accident. So, if you get into a car accident on September 1, 2020, you have until September 1, 2022, to file a lawsuit.
Before you file the suit, it’s crucial to seek legal representation from a lawyer for a car accident. Without a lawyer, it will be very difficult to prove your case in court. Also, the defense attorney may try to take advantage of your limited understanding of the law.
Arizona Driving Safety
If you’ve received a ticket want to know how it impacts your record, here’s a guide for what to expect and a list of Arizona Drivers License Points assessed.
A car accident
can severely affect your life
An auto accident lawyer at the Moore Law Firm will represent individuals and their families that have experienced the following types of personal injuries in an auto accident.
Death of a loved one
If a loved one or relative dies due to the negligence of another driver, an experienced car accident lawyer may be able to get you compensation for:
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses
- Future medical care
- Lost wages
- Future loss of earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Loss of emotional support and companionship provided by spouse or parent
- Loss of household duties provided by spouse or parent
A Tucson Car Accident Lawyer provides winning results
The Moore Law Firm will fight for your case, and your just compensation. Our firm has two locations in Tucson, Arizona and handles auto accident cases throughout the State of Arizona. If you have personal injuries or lost a family member due to wrongful death in an auto accident, please call a Tucson car accident Lawyer at the Moore Law Firm.
Contact us today for a consultation with a thorough, knowledgeable car accident lawyer in Tucson.
Been involved in a car accident? Here is what you can do.